Things to Do for Memorial Day in North Texas
Living in North Texas offers many opportunities for activities whether looking for a day trip with the family, outside activities or weekend adventures.
- May 22, 2017 Christ Academy’s Camp Stonelake: Christ Academy’s Camp Stonelake is the true summer camp experience in your own backyard! Campers will spend their days in fun filled activities such as water games, team building games, sports, arts and crafts, STEM activities, outdoor excursions, field trips, and more! Choose to join us the whole summer, part-time, or choose weeks that work for your schedule. We also offer lots of camp add-ons as well these include the following camps: art, basketball, baking, choir, makers, model rocketry, soccer, soccer/tennis, and volleyball. Contact Kristen Goodgion, 940-692-2853
- May 26, 10:30-3:00, Fairies in the Falls: This Spring, the Kell House invites you to explore Fairies in the Falls. The Kell House will host the work of local artists, focusing on fairies! Join us for this celebration of the fanciful and magical world veiled just beyond our own! Museum Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday & Sunday 2 to 4 p.m. Closed Wednesday Free Admission. Donations Accepted. 900 Bluff Street, Wichita Falls, Texas, 76301
- May 26, Artzeum: 100 Years & Beyond: To celebrate the 100th anniversary of The Kemp building, our ArtZeum Interactive Kids’ Exhibit will bring to life the history of the railroad in Wichita Falls! Join us for a fun-filled hands-on experience. Learn about art, poetry, music, and the amazing history of trains in North Texas. The NorthLight is on the first floor of The Kemp Center building located at 1300 Lamar, Wichita Falls, TX 76301. Call for further information: 940-767-2787
- May 26, 12:00 – 7:00: School’s Out Bash at Castaway Cove: Admission $13.99. Contact 940-322-5500. Tickets available at Castaway Cove.
- May 26, 7:00 – 9:00 pm: An Evening of Improv at Backdoor Theatre: An Evening of Improv on the Dinner Stage at Backdoor Theatre! Ever seen Whose Line is it Anyway? Every show is different, and we have no idea what we’ll do next! Bring a date, and come laugh with us, or at us? BYOB, show starts at 7 pm, and is for ages 18 and up. Walk-ins are welcome, see you then! 501 Indiana Ave, Wichita Falls TX 76301, Contact: 940-322-5000.
- May 26, 8:00 p.m. – 1:00 am: Max Stalling at the Iron Horse Pub: Stalling’s style is modern with a vintage feel. With Tom Lewis on drums and percussion, Bryce Clarke on nylon-string guitar, electric guitar and mandolin, and Jason Steinsultz swapping between stand-up and electric bass, Stalling creates a dynamic live show that’s smart, charming and as listenable as it is danceable. The Iron Horse Pub is more than just the city’s only authentic Irish-American pub. Since opening in September 2000, the Pub has presented thousands of musical acts and has become the standard for live music and nightlife in North Texas. 615 8th St, Wichita Falls, TX 76301, Contact 940-767-9488
- May 26: Fort Worth Herd Cattle Drive: The Texas Longhorn and the American Cowboy are two of the most enduring symbols of the Old West. They’re a big reason why Fort Worth earned the nickname “Cowtown” and they formed the core of the great cattle drives of the late nineteenth century. Now, the romance and mystique of cowboys and cattle drives returns to Fort Worth with The Herd – Texas Longhorns driven by genuine Texas cowhands – offering an unforgettable glimpse into the past. You’ll hear the jingle of spurs, the cattle bawling, and the rhythm of the hoof beats. As The Herd passes, a bygone era comes to life before your eyes. Look for the Drovers before and after each cattle drive for photo opportunities and to learn more about life on the trail! 130 E. Exchange Avenue, Fort Worth, TX 76164
- May 29, 2017, 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM @ Wichita Falls Museum of Art at MSU: 2017 will mark the museum’s Golden Anniversary! This is an exhibition of memorabilia and artworks from the annual art fairs of the past. 2 Eureka Cir, Wichita Falls, TX 76308 Contact: (940) 397-8900
- Open House 1517 City View Dr, Wichita Falls, TX - June 27, 2017
- How Much are Closing Costs when Buying a Home in Texas? - June 26, 2017
- Open House 2127 Richmond Dr, Wichita Falls - June 20, 2017
- Wichita Falls Real Estate Market Report – June 2017 - June 17, 2017
- Should I List with a Team or an Individual Agent? - June 1, 2017
- 2127 Richmond Drive, Wichita Falls, TX - May 23, 2017
- Wichita Falls Real Estate Market Report – May 2017 - May 18, 2017
- Things to Do for Memorial Day in North Texas - May 2, 2017
- Choosing the Right REALTOR® to Sell Your Home Fast - May 1, 2017
- Wichita Falls Real Estate Market Report – April 2017 - April 25, 2017