Home Staging Best Practices
If pricing a home for sale correctly is the most important thing for attracting buyers to choose to make an appointment to view your home in person, staging is the most important thing to move them to make a buying decision.
You might have heard that people buy on emotion and justify their decision with logic. Even if your home you are selling is a logical fit for the buyer, if it has the right number of bedrooms, bathrooms, correct living space and is in the right location, the buyers are less likely to make an offer if they do not fall in love with the home from the moment they enter.
You can find out what your home is worth in today’s market easily. Either call us at 940-228-1730 or use our Instant Home Valuation Calculator. This tool allows you to obtain an on-line home value in a quick 15 seconds.
There are two main keys to home staging best practices. We want it decluttered and depersonalized. An analogy I give sellers is a museum versus a hotel room. When you walk into some museums, everything is nice and ornate, however often times multiple pictures and artifacts are on the same wall and it can become overwhelming. On the other hand, think of the last time you walked into a hotel room. A typical hotel room is decorated with neutral colors, there is one bed, a desk, a mirror, an usually one picture on the wall. Everyone feels welcomed and comfortable when walking into the room.
The reason to depersonalize the home is we want home buyers to enter your home and see themselves and their family living in the home, honestly not yours. You are selling your home and will be moving, so it is best practice to start is with family photographs and personal items now. Go ahead and prepare the first boxes to be opened in your new home with those personal items that mean so much to you.
Then you can move on to arranging furniture and making your home open, clean, bright and inviting. We have many resources available to home sellers, if you would like more information about staging your home to sell, give the Lockhart Real Estate Team | Keller Williams Realty a call at 940-228-1730.
Check out our Comprehensive Guide answering How to Sell Your House Fast in Wichita Falls.
- Wichita Falls Real Estate Market Report – December 2017 - January 10, 2018
- Arlington TX Real Estate Market Report – December 2018 - January 10, 2018
- Tarrant County Real Estate Market Report – December 2017 - January 9, 2018
- How to Sell Your House by Owner in Texas - December 1, 2017
- 1619 Covington St, Wichita Falls TX Home for Sale - November 28, 2017
- 1217 Montgomery St, Wichita Falls TX 76302 For Sale - November 26, 2017
- 1501 Avalon Place, Wichita Falls, TX For Sale - November 25, 2017
- 219 Dogwood Ln, Burkburnett TX 76354 For Sale - November 24, 2017
- 1724 Rockridge Dr, Wichita Falls TX 76310 For Sale - November 23, 2017
- 1517 City View Drive, Wichita Falls, TX – In Contract - November 22, 2017