How to Best Prepare for Showings
Now that you have your house on the market, what do you do when your agent calls you to schedule a showing? You’ve heard the expression you never get a second chance to make a first impression, so how do you best prepare for showings to sell your house fast. This cannot be more true than in the home selling process.
Many home buyers make their buying decision in the first 30 seconds after entering the home. Is your home welcoming and inviting? It is best practice to turn the lights on prior to the showing and have some light, relaxing music playing. It is also a good idea to make sure the temperature is comfortable. In the summer you will want the air conditioner on set to a comfortable temperature, not too cold or too warm. In the winter, you will want to have the heat on.
It might be surprising to learn that our sense of smell is one of the strongest of our five senses tied to memory. So, having some scent candles or plug in air fresheners can really make the difference between a potential buyer making a buying decision and making you an offer or not. Some of the best scents to choose are lavender or apple cinnamon.
Since you might be at work and may not be able to rush back home before a showing, it is important to take a few moments before leaving for the day to wash dishes and put them away in the dishwasher, and clothes in a hamper. Even if your are living in the home you are selling, you will want to keep it as neat and clean as possible.
The market is constantly changing. Each home that sells in your neighborhood changes the value of your home. Call 940-228-1730 or use our Instant Home Valuation Calculator. This tool allows you to obtain an on-line home value in only 15 seconds.
For more information check out more on How to Sell Your Home Fast
- Tarrant County Real Estate Market Report – March 2018 - April 19, 2018
- Dallas County Real Estate Market Report – March 2018 - April 19, 2018
- Wichita Falls Real Estate Market Report – March 2018 - April 18, 2018
- Arlington TX Real Estate Market Report – March 2018 - April 18, 2018
- Wichita Falls TX Home for Sale at 4622 Monterrey Dr - April 11, 2018
- Great 3 Bedroom Home for Sale in Wichita Falls TX - March 14, 2018
- Wichita Falls Real Estate Market Report – February 2018 - March 13, 2018
- Tarrant County Real Estate Market Report February 2018 - March 12, 2018
- Dallas County Real Estate Market Report – February 2018 - March 12, 2018
- Arlington TX Real Estate Market Report – February 2018 - March 12, 2018